What Have We Learned About Social Media ROI?
We’ve spent the last few years getting our feet wet with social media tools. Â This year, it’s time to make all that learning pay off. Â I got this cool presentation link from my social media measurement guru, Adam Henderson.
I love this fun presentation about social media ROI. Â There are so many things to learn here:
- Social media is a marketing tool and not a toy.
- I think of social media as being in the PR family – it builds brand and reputation and gives you the opportunity to put stories and a human face on your company
- It has spawned a new “Manager” to add to your team – the social media manager. Â Doing it right requires time and effort.
- All is worth NOTHING (I like to say the big ‘Nishta’) if you’re not making money and generating customers.
- You have to know what to measure: transactions, new customers and dollars per transaction
What have you learned from social media and ROI this year and what will you do with it in 2010?